Friday, November 06, 2009

Fall Leaves

This morning we were watching the leaves come down off the tree in our backyard. As in yesterday the tree was full of leaves, this morning it was half full but raining leaves, and now it's almost empty. We have a beautiful blanket of leaves on the ground.


Last week, Daniel and I went for an afternoon walk and the yellow maples on one side of Pallister were in full glory - vibrant and glowing in the sun. The red maples on the other side were almost completely green, with just a hint of color. Two days later we drove by and the yellow leaves were gone but the red maples were in their prime.

I'm thankful for these small blessings, and for the time to slow down and take them in. I'm especially enjoying doing these things with Daniel as he's becoming more and more aware of the world around him.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It has been so fun looking at the leaves this year with Sasha. She now knows to say "Thank you God, for the beautiful leaves!"

Sister George said...

For me, this is the most beautiful time of the year. It's like god is saying, "I did all the rest for this!" I'm glad you are sharing this with your son.