Friday, November 20, 2009

Considering it Joy

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that they testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Um, yeah. This month has been very trying and I have not considered it even a smidge of joy. This testing has shown me to be woefully short. I've been complaining, grumbling and feeling sorry for myself and I've been letting myself get irritated easily.

So this morning, I read several of the "trials" passages and was encouraged to turn my attitude around. When I was tempted to complain, I quoted this verse again to myself. It doesn't help at all to have a bad attitude and it only helps to keep a positive outlook. Here's to a new start!

No comments: