Thursday, November 02, 2006

Goodbye to my parents

We dropped off my parents at the airport tonight and they should be just taking off now. It’s hard to believe that their visit is finished already. I really got used to them just being here and I’m not sure that I’m ready to go back to the village all by myself and get back to work. As we were packing up before leaving for the airport, I just wanted to go with them and go home. We had a wonderful time, and it was very refreshing to take a break and be with them, but I’m afraid it will just be harder to get back into life at home in the village. This week has been full of things from home (mostly food!) and I liked it. My friend Ellen made us pizza, French toast and cake. This morning we went to a coffee shop in Nairobi (Java House, for those who know) and I had a mocha, pancakes and a bit of my mom’s omelette. Seriously, pouring over the menu, I think I could have eaten anything on it. It was very expensive (the three of us ate a $20 breakfast), but to do it only once, it was so worth it. I was really struggling with food the two weeks before they came and so it was great to have a break, although sometimes I think a taste can be too much! We’ll see how it goes when I get home.

No comments: