Friday, January 09, 2009

Baby FAQs

How far along are you?
11 weeks

When are you due?
August 1, 2009

When did you find out?
Right after Thanksgiving. We waited until Christmas to tell our parents and then started sharing after that.

How have you been feeling?
A little sick, but mostly very tired.

Was this planned?
I can’t believe how many people ask this question, but if you really want to know, yes, we were ready.

Are you going to find out what you’re having?
Um, a baby. You mean are we going to find out if it’s a boy or a girl (and not for 2 more months, by the way)? Probably not, but we might change our mind.

Have you thought about names?
A little, and we won’t tell anybody until baby’s here anyway, so don’t even ask! ☺

Are you going to tie the baby on your back like in Africa?
You betcha, though probably on the front until baby’s a little bigger.

4 comments:

his wife, their mama said...

I'm still grinning for you both! IT's nice of you to share the answers to these FAQ's, even the ones that seem a little personal. I was glad to read the sick part is just a little, and I'm sure you know you can look forward to some more energy in a few weeks/months. I'll never stop being amazed how such a little thing can take up so much of my energy! I look forward to following your pregnancy with you over through your blog; wish I could share with you in person, but all in good time.
Love ya!

Images said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations, Sarah! That's just wonderful news- you guys will make great parents. Best of luck with all the *steps*, and I'll be checking for updates!

Love,
Sara Franks

Kacie said...

How exciting! Best wishes for an uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery.

Hopefully your second trimester will bring more energy and less queasyness.

I'm going to do my best to avoid giving advice, since that really annoyed me when I was pregnant. I'll just say "good for you" for wanting to breastfeed your baby!

And, wearing him or her in a sling is a wonderful thing for you both. I do it, and I think my baby enjoys being held close and feeling the motion of me moving. Plus, it frees up my hands so I can do some housework :)

Ruth Chowdhury said...

So what kind of sling do you have or are going to have? :)