Saturday, November 28, 2009

Reunion

We just got back from my 10 year high school reunion. It was better than I expected. We're far enough out of school that nobody felt the need to make small talk with people that they weren't really friends with and there were enough people that I did want to have a conversation with. I wasn't sure how it would be. In high school I was friends with a lot of different people, but not really part of any one tight group. There were still a lot of those same groups of people hanging out together, and I still floated between them. They also had our class picture out and I was surprised to see how white our class was. As a magnet school, we had a lot of diversity, (geographic, economic, ethnicity), but I guess not as much as I thought. I'm much aware of things like that now.

This was the first time I left Daniel for more than an hour and a half. We put him to bed before we left and he slept the whole time. I did pretty well too! But now I'm wishing I were in bed a little sooner, since I'm gonna need to be up again within a few hours. I might not have taken time to post tonight, but I haven't posted for 27 days straight to miss a post with 3 days left!

No comments: