Monday, April 07, 2008

Has Spring Finally Sprung!?

I don't know whether to believe it yet, but since it is slightly warmer outside than inside, I just put the screens back in the security doors. So the doors are open and lots of fresh spring air is coming in! I can hear the wind chimes from our neighbor's porch, lots of birds chirping and a few dogs who seem to be enjoying the nice weather too. Marshall's going crazy running from one end of the house to the other looking out ALL the windows and doors and hearing the spring noises!

I was so excited when I came home the other day, and noticed some sprouts coming up out front that I didn’t even know were there. I was going to plant some tulips in that same spot in the fall, but my bulbs were no good, so I had to throw them out. Now it looks like we’ll have some daffodils instead. I’ll let you know in a few weeks if I got it right! I’m pretty good at identifying veggie plants, but not so good on the rest! It looks like our lilies in the back are starting to come up too. Hurray for perennials.

That’s all for now. I’m still alive, working hard and hope to rejoin the rest of the normal world in the near future. More news on that front soon. But in the meantime, I wish you lots of sunshine, flowers and new growth!

Edited to add: The ICE CREAM truck just went by! I thought that was a summer thing...

1 comment:

J.L. Neyhart said...

glad to hear you're still alive and well! I'm also excited for the warmer weather!