Wednesday, November 03, 2010

So much for that!

So much for NaBloPoMo-ing it this year. I can't seem to keep up with my life, let alone write about it. This has been a very busy season for us. We had a couple weeks where Daniel was teething, sick, and/or injured. Right now, he's into everything and I just can't seem to stay far enough of him to keep him busy and get the things I don't want him into away. I am thoroughly convinced that we were not intended to live in isolation and that we were not designed to be parents alone, without the support of family and community. We're really struggling with that right now. As much as I've tried to find people who can help me, it's just not working out. Right now, I'm 0 for 4. It makes me wonder if it's time to quit asking and just do it myself. It makes a difference emotionally. When I was doing it on my own, I was mostly managing. But once I decided (realized?) that I really did need some help, I feel even more overwhelmed when I'm all on my own. It seems like it would be easier to just quit thinking that I need any help and then not be disappointed when I can't get it. Or maybe I just need to hold out a few weeks and see if I can get one step ahead. Maybe I'll get lucky and 15 months will be slightly less intense than 14 months has been :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

We were NOT meant to do it alone - although I completely understand the discouragement in realizing/accepting that fact, and then also realizing that you don't have anyone to actually provide that help. We are too far from family for day-to-day help, and my friends are busy mommies of little ones as well. That being said - there is still a lot of wonderful value in the support and community of women who are in your shoes...
If you were closer, I'd be happy to watch Daniel once in awhile - I SO understand the need for assistance, community, and understanding. Praying for you, Sarah.