Thursday, September 11, 2008

Updates

- The funeral went really well. Definitely a celebration of a long life well lived. It was really good to be together with family and celebrate my grandma together. Scott got in town Monday evening before the visitation ended.
- It was so sweet to be able to see Scott, even if it did throw all his plans off, and I saw him less than I would have according to the original plan. He’s had a great time at home, visiting with friends and eating lots of different kinds of food. He goes back Saturday morning.
- On Saturday, Dave and I went hiking for a couple hours at a state recreation area about an hour from here (kinda sad that we have to go that far just to get some forest, huh!?). I was literally craving some time in the woods and boy was it refreshing to get out of the city and into nature. We spent some time thinking and reflecting about where we are and where we’re going. We also decided that we need some time out of the city and into nature at least once a month, even if it is only a few hours.
- I was really sick on Tuesday. Like vomiting every hour sick. Marshall spent the whole day by my side, which was really sweet. I’m feeling mostly better today, but I’m still not eating much and was still out of breath walking up the stairs this morning.
School has started and I can’t believe how quiet our street and our house are! It’s a welcome break, but I’m starting to miss the boys!
- As of last week, my Wheaton College education is paid in full, just in time for our 5 year reunion! It kills me that it took so long to pay it off, but in the end we didn’t pay much interest because we paid it off quickly when it was not deferred ($2500 in 6 months before grad school and $5800 in 8 months after). I wouldn’t trade my time at Wheaton for anything, even having those loans to pay back, but it sure feels good to have them completely paid off. Now it’s on to medical school loans…

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay! We've gotten almost all of our undergrad paid off and we're working on Mark's med school loans. Ugh. It feels like they'll never be gone, but we've already reduced it quite a bit so I know I just need to be patient!

Courtney said...

Hey, you need to change your profile. ;)

Sarah Halter said...

Yeah, you're right - I'm just not sure what to say yet. I got my diploma and final transcript in the mail the other day (and then realized that I never did apply for the African Studies concentration or have my credits from the Swahili course in Tanzania transferred!)