Friday, August 25, 2006

Things to pray for

1) I know many of you have been praying for safety while I'm here, but I ask that you would continue to pray extra hard for safety. There have been several bad accidents in the last week and I know that traveling is especially dangerous here. I know that God is in control of all things and that he can protect me divinely. This morning, we had a very good matatu driver. But, I also know that if something happens to me, it's not by accident. I've surrendered my life into His hands, and am trusting him to keep me safe and to take my worries. So please pray with me, first for peace and second for safety especially in travels.

2) Pray for Dave and me as we're apart. We're than 1/3 of the way through our time away from each other, but we still have almost 4 months to go. Pray that God would continue to comfort and strengthen us, especially Dave as he's home by himself.

3) Praise God for good renewed relationships in the village and pray for me as I share with people and teach at the church. Pray that God would give me words and wisdom that I might be an encouragement to the people around me.

4) Praise God for healing my friend Wycliffe (who was in the hospital and could have died). He experienced healing by the Spirit as he was prayed over. Praise God also for healing Ian from being sick as we prayed over him.

5) Pray for diligence, follow-through, motivation and wisdom as I proceed with my research. Please pray that it will be useful to the community and a blessing to everyone involved. Pray for wisdom as I make decisions so that I do no harm unknowingly.

Thank you for your faithfulness. I know that your prayers make a difference because I see it every day.

2 comments:

Nathanael Brice said...

Hello from Uganda!!!!!

Crazy that we're both back in Africa at the same time! Dave, welcome to Africa, though it may be a little bit of a late greeting. It sounds like you are doing well and learning some good things. Feel free to come visit my blog: dnabrice.blogspot.com

Take care,

Nathanael

Julie said...

I think I need a recap. Where is Dave now? When will you be together?

Praying for you! Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well.