Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hurray for Toyotas and Husbands!

Before I left for Tanzania, my car (a 1994 Toyota Camry) was getting very close to 200,000 miles and I was a little bummed that it would hit 200,000 while I was gone. So, I asked Dave to take a picture of the odometer when it got to 200,000 miles. Being the WONDERFUL husband that he is (today is our 3rd anniversary, by the way), he drove around the block several times so that he would be in the parking lot and able to stop and take a picture when it hit 200,000. He told me that he thought about getting the camera set up in the car so he could just take it, but then realized that if he tried to take it while driving (besides being dangerous), the picture would be incriminating since it would show the speedometer too. I don’t think I would have thought of that!

Thanks to Chris and Melinda for selling us such a good car and to Tom and the guys for taking such good care of it along the way! Hopefully I’ll be able to witness 300,000 myself!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so glad that you have a blog! I'm glad you made it there safely and that things are going well. Happy Anniversary!