Seriously – I’d love to hear any guesses you might have. In case you need some help, we’ve consulted the popular wisdom of the old wives and a few new wives as well.
1) Chinese Lunar Calendar: girl
2) Carrying low (I think – it’s hard to tell since I’m so tall): most say that means a boy; some say that means a girl
3) Level of morning sickness: low – boy
4) Baby’s heart rate: 150-160 – girl
5) Carrying mostly in the front: boy
6) Whether my pastor’s daughter comes readily to me (according to his wife): girl
7) Hair on legs growing slower (or maybe I just don’t shave much?): girl
8) Craving sweet or salty foods: I haven’t really “craved” anything, but I more often think something salty sounds good than something sweet - boy
9) Hanging a ring over your belly: twice it went back and forth (boy) and once it went around in a circle (girl). Gender identity disorder – oh no!
10) Color of urine: light (um, I drink a lot of water – of course it’s light) - girl
11) Whether your husband wears boxers or briefs (a friend’s theory): girl
12) Mom’s face round and full during pregnancy: I think so, but some people don’t see it – girl
13) Acne during pregnancy: not so much – boy
14) Basketball or watermelon shaped belly: basketball – boy
Drum roll please for the grand tally…..
Seven of the old wives tales say girl and seven say boy. Hmmm. Just as I suspected since I don’t think any of them have any basis in reality.
From what I’ve read, the only thing that is statistically significant is the mother having a strong feeling one way or the other – that’s reported to be about 70% accurate.
What’s that? You want to know what I suspect?
I have no strong feeling one way or the other. In fact, when I had a dream about it, it was totally inconclusive.
So I guess we’ll have to do this the old fashioned way and wait and see. ☺
But I’d still love to hear what you think.