Wednesday, January 02, 2008

News updates from Kenya

BBC news has had some good coverage on the ongoing unrest in Kenya. Here are several links to BBC articles. If you only have a minute, please check out the first two:

Q&A: Kenya poll violence
Kenyans plead for end to violence
Kenya diplomatic push for peace
Survivors recall church inferno

It still seems like a pretty intense situation. I haven't heard back from anyone in Kenya, but I do know that phone credit is scarce at the moment. I did hear from another friend that our friend Lucy and her family in Nairobi are fine. Now that it's daytime again in Kenya, I might try making a few phone calls to check in.

1 comment:

Arielle said...

Wow, I hadn't realized all what was going on over there. Definitely praying! Keep us updated if you find out more!!